A Family Business with Global Reach
Celebrating 75 years of Growth by Putting Customers and Quality First
In 1947, Abraham and Yetta Tropper began selling notions to the fashion industry in Manhattan’s Garment District. Their state-of-the-art fulfillment center was their dining room table. Each night, the couple packed envelopes with pins for the next day’s deliveries.
Abraham Tropper worked alongside his children and grandchildren until he turned 100-years old. Friends, employees, and customers alike affectionately called him “The Chief.”
Under the stewardship of following generations, Coda Resources expanded to selling and manufacturing a variety of industrial products.
As a family, they continue to operate Coda Resources today, guided by The Chief’s work ethic, honesty, and amiability.
Our employees, all over the world, are phenomenal.
Their dedication to craft and customer is the force that powers every success and every relationship Coda Resources builds.
The Chief set the example, hiring smart, hard-working, committed people who stay with us for decades, becoming family. We’re honored to continue that tradition.
The first 75 years have been quite a ride, here’s a snapshot:
- 1947: Central Notions opens for business
- 1984: Moves to 100,000 sq ft space in Brooklyn, the company’s sixth move to ever larger facilities
- 1990s: Launches contract manufacturing operations
- Establish Cambridge Resources
- 2000: Rebrands as Coda Resources
- 2006: Opens injection molding facility in Heze, China
- 2015: Acquires LDR Industries, a plumbing supply company
- 2019: Sells fashion plumbing division of LDR and rebrands as STZ Industries
- 2020: Opens newest facility, a foundry in Vietnam
We invite you…
to join us as we launch our next 75 years of operational and manufacturing excellence.